torstai 27. marraskuuta 2008

HELSINKI CITY AS A HUMAN BODY





HELSINKI CITY AS A HUMAN BODY

CONNECTION BETWEEN HELSINKI CITY AND ACUPUNCTURE


We still try to find in modern architecture some new experience and space for living.
I suppose that architectural work always finds out hidden and lost part of endless space.
In this way the urban architecture is more inexhaustible then just building.

In this way I can see similarity between urban architecture and traditional Chinese medicine Acupuncture. In my concept of this project the Helsinki city is a human body with a lot of needles, shapes and specific points. If people are not connected together (somehow by media, transport, public places ) the city will fall in medical problems, including allergies, respiratory conditions, gastrointestinal disorders, gynecological problems, nervous conditions, nose and throat, and childhood illnesses, among others.

LET`S PROTECT OUR BODY

That was the first idea in my head. To show people that it is possible to change environment around us simply, even just in one day project. I have been thinking for a long time about the place where it will be possible to do the city installation. It will be the Railway station. The reason for such a choice is that there are lots of people who go in the same direction to their work or school every day.

WHAT I WANT TO DO?

At the back side of the Railway station I will put 20 (1mX 60cm) aluminum boxes with the plastic cover. On each plastic cover I printed a map of one area in Helsinki. Now it looks like children’s puzzle. If you put them together you can see the whole map of Helsinki from some high building .In each box there is a special hole, like in a voting box, where people can put their wishes about Helsinki. They will have a possibility to draw on the top of the cover or just to write a message.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE PROJECT?

First I will have two video cameras around. One will be on the high building and the other on the ground. I would like to change the usual direction of human being in the natural way. It means that when a person sees a big box he/she will have to change the direction. Because of the great number of people in the morning there will be mass movement and chaos, a lot mixed energy and emotions. Everybody will have a different feeling about these boxes. That is what I want, to show that everybody has a lot of possibilities in Helsinki.

The second point is writing messages. In each box there will be a pen and some paper for a message. I will put a big sign behind the project. How do you want to change Helsinki? I don’t want to go and ask people. It has to be natural, I want to see reactions and interest, if people want to spent a little time on that. At the end of the project I will bring these messages to the government and ask about the answer to this project. The Project will start at 9a.m and finish at 4 p.m.

Ei kommentteja: